How Do I Change My Wi-fi Network Or Password?
When attempting to change your wifi network name or password that the feeder is connected to the first is to confirm that the SSID (wifi network name) your phone is on is the 2.4GHz network and not the 5GHz network. The SmartFeeder will only connect to the 2.4Ghz and the other troubleshoots are very simple and easy to do. If you are not aware of your 2.4GHz please contact your internet service provider and they will help you create or locate your 2.4.Ghz network.
SmartFeeder (2nd Generation)
- Please make sure your Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
- Inside the Petnet app go to the Device Tab > Wifi Settings.
- You should see the wifi the new wifi name prepopulated with an empty password field.
- Enter your Wifi password
- Power cycle your feeder by turning the power button off and back on from the power switch.
- Press Get Started to connect your feeder.
Your feeder manual feed button will turn white once you have successfully connected to your new wifi name.
SmartFeeder (1st Generation)
- Remove the bowl from the Feeder Base.
- Place the bowl in front of you with the light strip closest to your body and the metal tray removed.
- The bowl should be turned off before we start the process.
- Inside the app go to the Device Tab > Wifi Settings.
- You should see the wifi name prepopulated with an empty password field.
- Enter your Wifi password.
- Turn on the bowl's power switch and press connect inside your Petnet App.
- Lay your phone down on the left side of the SmartFeeder Bowl.
Once your phone stops flashing, a delayed green light will flash on the right side of the bowl to confirm a connection is made. If you are having trouble check our article on what your flashing lights could mean or contact our support team.